Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday-April 22- Progress!!!

Yay!! I have been having a great week!  I am not sure what it is, but I have been in the mood for quilting.  I have also gotten a lot done around the house.  Maybe its because I lost the whole weekend to food poisoning--yuck!  I am feeling great and wanting to get things accomplished.

Here is what I have been up to....

I finished my 2009 Block of the month quilt top.  I need to either buy a backing or piece the backing and then quilt it.  I will be quilting this myself.



I also put together my mother's scrappy Lucky Stars blocks.  This is a Atkinson Designs pattern and it is super fun, easy and very forgiving--no points can get cut off!!  I will piece a baking for this lap size quilt and quilt it myself.


I also finished a quilt for my mother.  It is a lap size Sampler Block quilt that she started a year or so ago.  She had done some quilting on it, but she just doesn't have the strength to sit at the machine and quilt.  She is helping by putting on the binding!  Mom will be 91 next Thursday, April 30th.  She has had a difficult year from a health standpoint, but she is a fighter!




Here is a picture of the whole Sampler Quilt.  It is a lap size.  We just used fabrics from our stash. Mom is still working on the binding, but it is almost finished.




What have you been up to this week?


Be sure to check out other WIP Wednesday posts over at Freshly Pieced.



2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow... a very productive post indeed! I have yet to see a quilt that I didn't love made from that Atkinson pattern. It just works for any fabric and yours is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were definitely in a groove this week! Nice to know that I am not the only one working on BOM from previous years! Great job!