Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finally Back!

Well, I am finally getting back to thinking about this blog. Last fall, I got very busy with my embroidery business and I couldn't do anything but work my full-time job and come home to a mountain of items that needed to be embroidered. After Christmas, I decided to cut way back on the business. I am now only doing a few embroidery jobs here and there--mostly for family and friends.

I have decided to expand the subject matter of this blog. I will now journal about various aspects of my family's daily life. I will continue to post about my sewing and embroidery, but I will also be posting about my husband and kids. I will also post about a new obsession of mine--couponing and CVS shopping. Here is a picture of my shopping trip to CVS today. I had six separate transactions and got all of this stuff (plus one more cotton swab package that I gave to my sister) for $8.00 out of pocket (OOP)! To read about CVSing go to this blog and read CVS 101.

http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

I am stocking up on lots of items and plan on making gift baskets at Christmas. Also, I will donate excess items to our church food pantry. I still have a couple more trips to CVS planned this week to finish getting the free, or nearly free, monthly deals. I have approximately $50 in ECB's to spend. I have spent $129.30 of my $150 grocery budget for the next two week, and we have a fully stocked fridge and pantry. (I got some great deals at Wal-mart and Kroger on groceries) I plan to fill in milk and bread purchase at CVS to get me through the month. Produce will probably come from Aldi's. I want to see how long I can go without another full grocery shopping trip. I actually have more $ budgeted later in the month for groceries, but I want to see how far my ECB's and $20 remaining grocery budget will take us.

I plan to post weekly menus on Monday, so check back!

No comments: