Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WIP Wednesday--April 29th--Progress and Goals





A little more progress this week, but not as much as last week.  I added borders to the Jelly Roll Race quilt pictured.  This is a quilt that my91 year old mother made and I added the borders.  She enjoyed the ease of piecing the jelly roll strips.  I pulled lavender and orange fabric from my stash for the borders.  I still need to square the quilt top up.  I will pull more fabric from my stash and piece a backing for this quilt.  I will be quilting it myself.

Goals for the Week:

  • Square the Jelly Roll Quilt
  • Piece a backing for the Jelly Roll Quilt
  • Baste and start quilting the Jelly Roll Quilt
  • Finish pieceing blocks from a 2013 Block of the Month 
I have about 16 UFOs that I am determined to finish before starting another quilt.  It does feel good to be getting back in the swing of things.  I am so grateful to have a place to post my progress--it really helps with accountability!  I have decided to save my $$ and get some help quilting some of my larger finished quilt tops.  I have three waiting to be quilted and they are all Queen or King size.

What have you been working on this week?

 This post is linked to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesdays.


2 comments:

www.hudsonvalleyquilts.com said...

Hi - I saw your finished jelly roll race quilt on WIP Freshly Pieced. It looks beautiful. I posted mine which isn't as far along as yours. I doubled mine and have 3400 inches. I've put the first two rows together so far. It goes fast.

Ms Cameron said...

It is always easier to start than finish I think, so well done on your progress so far.