Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tara Quilt Show

Friday I went to the Tara Quilt Guild Quilt Show. Below I have a gallery of my favorite quilts. It was a nice show and help to inspire me to continue trying to finish up some of my projects.

This first quilt is by my friend Loreli. She won these block a couple of years ago at a guild meeting. I love the border she put on the quilt. It features pieced hearts and an applique of vine and flowers. I voted for this quilt for the Viewer's Choice Award.




I really like the monochromatic theme in this quilt.

I just helped my mother make two of these quilts for her sisters for Christmas. I have one completed and one I am about to quilt. This quilt is a pattern called Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs. It is a great pattern that goes together quickly and is very forgiving.




This quilt is by Jeanne Lowery, the owner of Quilts and Fixins in Jonesboro, Ga. This quilt was a row-by-row monthly club quilt last fall.




This quilt is a pattern called Lightning Strikes. I am currently working on my own Lightning Strikes quilt. You can see mine HERE.

I really like the jewel tones in this quilt. Love the look of puzzle pieces.


One day I want to make a house quilt. There is a great pattern I discovered over at Anyone Can Quilt (one of my favorite blogs) when Sara participated in a block exchange. See the pattern HERE at Frieda's Hive.


This quilt is a Halloween quilt by Margaret Shlumper. Margaret teaches a monthly mystery quilt class at Quilts and Fixins.

The back of Margaret's Halloween quilt has a spooky (or sexy) surprise!



Hope these pictures inspire you to create something wonderful!

No comments: