Friday, July 11, 2008

CVS and Wal-mart

CVS Trip 7/11/08

I didn't really need anything from CVS today, but while we were out I drove by just to scan my card. The coupon machine gave me a neat coupon for a free hand sanitizer pen and $1 off Gold Emblem pretzels. So I made a quick transaction:

2 Gold Emblem pretzels $0.69 each-- $1.00 off scanner coupon
1 CVS face cloths $2.99-- $2.00 off Beauty Handbook coupon
1 Hand sanitizer pen $1.79-- $1.79 off scanner coupon

Total Retail Value $6.16
ECBs Used $0.99
Out of Pocket $0.43
ECBs Earned $1.00


Wal-mart Trip 7/11/08

I had some high dollar coupons that resulted in overages to be applied to my other groceries. That is my favorite part of couponing at Wal-mart. They NEVER adjust coupons down to the price of the item. Example in the above picture--I purchased 3 KY Jellys at $2.57 each. I had 3- $3 off coupons. So for each one I had the extra $0.43 applied to other items. My subtotal before coupons was $51.11. After coupons was $25.52. Not too bad! I got most things on my list and a few items for Christmas gift baskets.



Want to see more CVS savings? Visit The "Cents"ible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!
Are you new to CVSing? Want to learn how to create your own CVS deals? Check out CVS for Newbies to get the scoop!!!

No comments: