Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kroger Mega Sale

Super Savings Saturday

I haven't been shopping much this week. We really have a well stocked pantry, and with careful meal planning I could have probably gone without much shopping. However, we did need milk and eggs, and I knew I could get some awesome deals at the mega event this week at Kroger. So, my husband and I went to Kroger Friday afternoon. We knew we would only be shopping for 30 items from the mega deal, and the milk and eggs. We also planned to pick up Hormel pork roasts because they were on special and I have $1.25 coupons. We had $53 left of our $400 budget for July groceries. Here is what we got:

2 Hormel pork roasts
2 Dr. Peppers
2 Frank's Red Hot sauce
3 Warm delights
4 Lean Cuisine
8 Ball Park Franks (going in Freezer for future party)
2 Sour cream
2 Ore Ida Frozen Potatos
2 Betty Crocker cookie mixes
1 gallon Milk
1 dozen eggs
1 Lysol trigger
2 Pledge furniture polish
4 Advil (24 ct)
1 Suave shampoo
1 Kroger yogurt

Total before coupons and Kroger savings: $118.32

Total after coupons and Kroger savings: $ 33.17 (including tax)

A savings of 73%! And, we still have a few dollars left in the budge for July. I already made menu plans for the next two weeks, and we have plenty. After that, I will have to look for some really good deals on meat.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

WOW.. that is awesome! Thanks for posting your link and sharing your deals! :)

Carlos said...

I really enjoyed your posts, that saving process at Kroger was great, congrats.

Please keep posting.

Regards,