Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Shopping--"Do you think we bought enough cereal?!" edition.

I have been so busy with work and school activities with my daughter that I haven't had much time for blogging or shopping for deals. Today, my hubby and I went shopping for the first time in a few weeks. I wanted to get the free items from Walmart and the great cereal deals at CVS and Kroger.

Our first stop was CVS. I got the three boxes for a net cost of $0.67/box after coupons and ECBs. The Dawn was on sale for $0.99 and I had a $0.50 coupon. Net cost $0.49.

Our second stop was Wal-mart so I could get the free items and a few cleaning supplies. The toothpaste, Kotex, toothbrushes, and lint rollers were all FREE!. Total out of pocket was about $17.
We then stopped at Kroger to get more Kellogg's cereal. These were on sale for $1.88 ea and I had $1/1 coupons for all. Kroger was also having a three day sale and I got the sugar for $0.99 ea. I spent a total of $21.74 and save 64%.



This picture is of our Kroger trip tonight. I got coupons in the mail today from Kroger. There were coupons for free Private Selection ice cream and Nature Valley granola bars. I also printed some more Kellogg's coupons and got more cereal for $0.88/box. I also had a printable B1G1 Sierra Mist coupon. It was nice to buy some chicken since we haven't had any for at least a month. Chicken breasts were $1.99/lb. I had missed getting them on the last couple of sales, and I won't buy them unless they are $1.99/lb or less. I spent a total of $35.46 and saved 55% on the bill.



So, our total for the day of shopping was approximately $74.oo. We ended up with 22 boxes of cereal. We won't have to buy any of that for a long while! Getting cereal for less than a dollar a box can't be beat.

To see more deals check out Money Saving Mom-- Super Savings Saturday.

Also, visit Southern Savers to see Friday Finals.

The Centisible Sawyer has CVS Superstars, so head over and see how everyone did this week.

Share your deals by linking your post over at My Money-Saving Mission.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! That's a lot of cereal. I have about 10 boxes of cereal and it will take me forever to eat it all.

Let's hope there's a great milk sale soon.

Shannon Sikes said...

Great job! Thanks so much for linking to my blog!