Saturday, December 6, 2008

My $40 Shopping Trip



Actually, I didn't quite spend $40. I am continuing to try to stick to a $40/week grocery budget--inspired by Crystal at Money Saving Mom. I also need to whittle down my pantry and freezer.

I went to Kroger, Wal-mart and Aldi's. I was really disappointed in Aldi's--I had hoped to get fresh fruit there, but they were almost totally cleaned out. I don't think the weekend is the best time to shop.

I only used 5 coupons today on my trip--three $0.55 Arnold bread Qs (1/2 price sale on bread--with coupon I paid $0.85/loaf), and two Steamers coupons at Wal-mart. I was pleased to find Canadian bacon marked down at Kroger. I spent a total of $34.67. Overall, not a bad shopping trip.

To see more money saving ideas, check out Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturday.

No comments: