Monday, February 2, 2009

6-Week Pantry Challenge

Here are some pictures of my stockpile.

As you can see, my pantry is quite full....

Not to mention in need of some organization...

Do you think 35 lbs of sugar is enough...Hmmm....

I have more canned goods in an adjacent cabinet...

Oh, I also have some canned goods in a box under my bed...

And, of course, that is where I keep all my stockpiled toiletries (deodorant, shampoo, soap).
And, all my extra FREE Cottonelle toilet paper.


Another box of toiletries....

Oh! And the hall linen closet with extra shampoo, conditioner, and the lifetime supply of feminine products (well, not quite...)

Finally! The pictures of our fully stocked inside and outside chest freezer. We recently bought 1/2 a cow so NOTHING else can fit in our freezer.

It is time to clean out my pantry and freezer. I think that we could go a couple of months without a full grocery shopping week.

Instead, I am embarking on a 6-week Pantry Challenge. For the next 6 weeks, I will try to spend only $10-$15 each week to buy only milk, produce, the occasional killer deal, and free items. Check back to see how I do. I will keep a running total and post after pictures to see if I depleted my pantry and freezer a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have enough canned, frozen, and dried fruits and vegetables in your storage, and powdered milk, you won't need to go to the store for those items, either.

If you need some recipe ideas, come visit my site! We rarely go to the grocery store, as we've been living on our food storage for the last two years.