Saturday, March 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 3/30/09


I have just finished an inventory of my freezer (with hubby's help), and found that I have a better variety of meat than I thought. We bought a half of a cow in December, and I thought that I only had steaks and ground beef in my freezer. But, I still have a pork roast left from when we bought a whole hog earlier in 2008. I also came across a turkey breast bought for $0.29/lb and a whole turkey that was marked down. So, I am trying to incorporate some of those items in this week's menu. Buying the meat from local Georgia farmers and buying markdown meat in the supermarket has really helped to lower our grocery bill.

Here is what I have planned for this week:

Breakfasts
Cereal/milk
Granola bars
Oatmeal
Fruit (oranges, apples, strawberries)

Lunches
Leftovers
Lean Cuisines
yogurt
carrots sticks
fruit

Dinners

Monday
Steak
mashed potatoes
Steamed veggie

Tuesday
Hamburgers
Home fries
Fruit

Wednesday
Leftovers

Thursday
Roast turkey breast
Rice dish
Steamed veggie

Friday
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
Coleslaw
Corn

Saturday
Homemade pizza
Fruit

Sunday
Leftovers

Be sure to go to I'm and Organizing Junkie and check out more Menu Planning Monday ideas.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Amy the SaltyMomma said...

I've been curious about buying local meat in large qty like that. How did you go about finding a source, and how was the price figured out?

Thanks for your time!

Amy the SaltyMomma

Amy the SaltyMomma said...

Hi again, Thanks for stopping by my blog and answering my question.

I love meeting people online w/ similar interests. The quilts I've seen on your blog are beautiful. I've tried my hand (just slightly) at quilting, and hope to do more in the future.

I also wanted to tell you that my titles in my profile description (except for the crafty ones) are sort of tongue in cheek... they are all jobs I do for my family.

So, I am not currently a nurse, but I do hope to be one some day. I'm in the process of getting paperwork together to submit an application to a bachelors nursing program. Hoping to start school next fall or spring.

I look forward to "talking" with you again. Have a good week!

Amy the SaltyMomma

Kim said...

I live in the Atlanta area and would love to know where you find your meat in bulk.