Monday, March 16, 2009

Quilt Journal


I just wanted to make a quick post to let my vast readership know that I am still around. It has been a very busy two weeks. Work, teaching Financial Peace University at church, participating in the Love Dare small group study at my church, and more...

I thought I would do a series of posts to document the quilts I have made. And, I will post on current projects as well.

In the picture above is my son, Thomas, and his best friend from grade school through high school. The two buddies decided to attend rival colleges. My son attends Georgia Tech, and his friend Rhys goes to University of Georgia. I made each of them a quilt to take to their respective dorms. Both quilts are an adaptation of the Turning Twenty patterns. I just altered the Georgia Tech quilt to include an appliqued yellow jacket block.

The two guys don't get to see much of each other anymore, but I hope these quilts will bring back fond memories.

No comments: