Friday, June 12, 2009

Grocery/Household Items Budget Update

I am hoping to keep myself more accountable on how much I am spending at the grocery store, so I am posting every trip I make.

I went to Publix and Walmart yesterday. I was late getting home so I didn't have time to take a picture of my shopping trips. Here is what I got at Publix:

1 loaf Whitewheat bread $2.60

2 pkgs Chex Mix $1.28 ea
... - 2 $0.50 printable Qs doubled
... - 1 $1/2 Target Q (FREE w/overage)

2 pkgs Sandies Cookies $2.00 ea
... - 2 $1/1 printable Qs ($1 ea)

2 Lender's Bagels $0.90 ea

1 Iceberg lettuce $1.49

1 Florida Natural OJ $3.00

3 All Small and Mighty Clear $3.99 ea
... - 3 $1 printable Qs ($2.99 ea) Just in time--I was almost out!

Total OOP at Publix $19.48


We also stopped at Wal-mart to get vanity bulbs for both bathrooms. One of the bathrooms was out of three bulbs, so we couldn't wait any longer!

Total at Wal-mart $14.13.

Total left in grocery/household item budget is approximately $34.00. This will have to last until payday on 6/19.

We really have plenty stockpiled and the garden is about to have green beans and a couple of tomatos are ripening. We should really only have to shop for milk and I may try and get more cheese from Kroger.


Be sure to visit Money Saving Mom and see how other frugal bloggers did this week on Crystal's Super Savings Saturday post.

Also, check out Southern Savers and her post--Friday Finals for more ideas.

No comments: