Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie



I have adapted this recipe from one in my Betty Crocker's New Cookbook, I have had this cookbook forever, so it isn't "new". I have changed the recipe just slightly--here is my version.

1 package (10 oz) frozen peas and carrots (I also add some frozen corn)
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 1/2 to 3 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1 package All-Ready (or store brand) pie crusts (from dairy section)

1. Rinse frozen peas, carrots, and corn in cold water to separate; drain.

2. Melt margarine in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and peas, carrots, and corn; remove from heat.

3. Heat oven to 425 degrees.

4. Prepare pastry. Place bottom crust in deep dish pie plate. Poor chicken mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.

5. Place second crust over chicken mixture in pie plate. Flute crust edges to seal.

6. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Take a look at Fiddledeedee for more "My Favorite Things" recipes!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Oh yummy! I love chicken pot pie. Your crust looks scrumptious!

Stephanie said...

That looks so good! I think I'm going to have put that in my menu soon!

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

That looks awesome! And I love "Your Love is Extravagent" by Casting Crowns...reminds me Wednesday Night Worship :)

Jessi said...

This looks delicious! I've added it to "My Favorites" to use on a later menu.

Svr said...

Oh, that looks GOOD!