Thursday, September 18, 2008

Count Your Blessings


This is my first post on Sheila's blog The Faithful Follower. Each week she is hosting Count Your Blessings. Here are my blessings for the week:

1. Staycation. I am off work this week. My husband (the teacher) and my daughter are on Fall Break from school. I usually try to take off the weeks during the year that they do. We are on our second "staycation" of the year. We are not taking vacations right now while we pay off debt. Unfortunately for our son, his college's fall break isn't until next month. But, I have been available to help him, fix his lunch, etc. Back to reality next week, son!

2. Organization projects. While we are on our staycation we are doing a different organization or cleaning project every day. We have organized/cleaned the garage, our kitchen, my daughters closet/room (huge job!), cleaned carpets, and today, my hubby is staining the grout in our two bathrooms. Organization will give me more peace around the house.

3. Friends. I am thankful for my friends in the blogosphere. It is great to be able to connect to all kinds of people all over the country.

4. Dave Ramsey. I am grateful that God put a billboard up on I-75 last year that I could see. I was looking for an answer to our financial problems, and Dave Ramsey's biblically based financial advice is helping up to become debt free. We have paid off more than half of what we owe and should be completely debt free shortly after the new year.

5. Good weather. After seeing the devastation on the Gulf coast, I am grateful that we have enjoyed good weather. My prayers go out to those folks affected by the recent storms.

Be sure to visit The Faithful Follower and join in Count Your Blessings.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Sheila's site and just wanted to say hi! I noticed that we read a lot of the same blogs and such. I'll be stopping by from time to time if you don't mind. =)