Friday, September 5, 2008

Sewing Day

Sewing Day!

I have been so busy lately with work and deal seeking, that I haven't allowed myself any time for my sewing hobby. I had the day off of work today. My sweet husband helped with household chores last night so that I could have the whole day to spend in my sewing room. I was able to spend a leisurely day alone while the family was at work/school. Here are some pictures of my sewing room and the project I worked on today.


First here is a picture of my little room. I am grateful to have a space where I can leave everything set-up and close the door.

Here is my wonderful Janome 6500P and my beautiful Quilter's Dream sewing table and cabinet. This table was well worth the investment.


Here is the closet in my sewing room.....

Where I have just a little bit of fabric.....

I still need to get busy with some organizing...

Here is one of many projects that I need to finish...

Some day it will be this....


But, the organizing and bigger projects needed to wait some more. Today, I wanted a project I could finish in a few hours. I recently read about this magazine on one of my favorite blogs Anyone Can Quilt

And this is the project I chose for today...

It went pretty fast and this is what I ended up with...Pretty cute!



4 comments:

Marcy said...

I LOVE the bag! You did an awesome job!

Nora said...

Looks like a serious sewing room - very nice. :) The bag turned out really cute. I'm impressed that it went so fast.

gina said...

I have that magazine too. That bag turned out GREAT! I need to put it on my list to make. My sewing room needs double organization compared to yours.
Yours isn't so bad.

HDMac said...

Wow!!! You have quite the sewing room!!! FUN!!! And I love the bags that you sew!! :) :)