Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kroger Score


I went to Kroger Saturday evening to take advantage of the Back to School Rewards promotion. I got some really good deals. Here a list of everything I got:

12 Campbell Soups
2 Select Harvest Soups
1 Totino's Pizza Rolls
1 Tropicana Orange Juice
1 Kroger Pie Crusts
2 Betty Crocker Fruit By the Foot
2 Old El Paso Taco Dinners
7 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
7 boxes Fiber One Bars
4 boxes Multigrain Cheerios
8 packages Hillshire Farms lunch meat
4 Sara Lee Smooth and Soft Loaves of Bread
1 package of hot dog buns
1 package flour tortillas
2 gallons of 1% milk
1 bottle of Soy Sauce
2 Cantaloupes
1.82 lb white grapes
1.76 lb bananas
1 package of grape tomatoes
1 tub light cream cheese
1 Sour Cream
5 Pillsbury cresent rolls
7 Toaster Strudel
1 Kroger vegetable oil
1 lb bulk Italian sausage
7 Chex Mix bags
4 boxes frozen Green Giant vegetables
1 Sunday paper

I had to do this in two transactions because I had 60 items for the promotion, and you have a limit of 3 Back to School Rewards per transactions. The promotion was to buy 15 participating items and get $3 off your order.

I received a total of $12 off for the promotion. I also had a $7 off coupon from Kroger for a $70 transaction.

I had coupons for everything except milk, sour cream, cream cheese, pie crusts, produce, oil, OJ, soy sauce, baked tortilla chips, flour tortillas, sausage, Sunday paper, and hot dog buns.

My total before store savings and coupons was $222.87. After coupons & savings my OOP was $78.88. I have now spent a total of $257.50 for the month of September. That leaves me only $22.50 left in my cash envelope. I will use that for produce and milk for the next two weeks. With my full pantry and freezer, I should be fine for the rest of the month. If I can just lay off the deals........


To see how other did for the week, visit Super Savings Saturday at Money Saving Mom!

4 comments:

Nora said...

That's awesome!! Kroger rocks!

threesidesofcrazy said...

WOW - you're doing great!

Megan said...

holy cow! you did awesome!

Tressa said...

Awesome job on the coupons! I am a huge coupon shopper. Can't say that I have ever saved that much though. :)